Here is a link to the orphanage where I will be spending some (hopefully A LOT, or MOST) of my time at: OLTCH, or, Operation Love the Children of Haiti…. this establishment partners with EFCA ReachGlobal and is run by Greg and Jasmine Martinson, a Canadian couple. They are down there taking care of 46 fatherless, motherless and/or abandoned children without any salary- they are strictly volunteering. All of the money they receive goes to the children's needs. PLEASE take the time to read each precious child’s heart-breaking stories, to drink in their beautiful smiles and learn more about their Creator-given personalities. They will blow you away, bring tears to your eyes and give you the desire to be a part of their lives in some way- whether that be through prayer, sponsorship, adoption or wanting to visit them.
Just go to the main page, then scroll down to the bottom right corner and click “Sponsor a girl” or “Sponsor a boy” and that will direct you to the children’s information. All of these beautiful children need sponsors.
I can’t wait for the day when these photographs will come to life before my eyes; tangible, audible, visible- the smiles, the laughter, the tears, the hugs, the singing, crying, beauty…. I can’t wait to fall even more in love with these beautiful orphans. By God’s grace I want to be the hands of feet of Jesus to these wonderfully-made, sparkling brown-eyed kids. I want to be a part of their world, to sway to their rhythm; I want my heart to be broken when they are sad, for laughter to bubble out of me uncontrollably when they experience joy, to both teach them and learn from them, to grasp onto their child-like faith. That will truly be a dream come true for me.
Here is a quote I absolutely love from a lady living at the orphanage for the year, working as a teacher for the kids. Her name is Lauren I believe.... Her blog is called Our Daily Bread and the link can be found on OLTCH's website, labeled as 'Madam's Mondays' under 'News'. Can't wait to meet her too!! She wrote this about Haitian children she sees on the streets:
"You are loved, sweet child. I see you.
Where are you going, sweet child? I see you.
Do you have a home, sweet child? I see you.
Are you happy, sweet child? I see you.
There is a God, sweet child. He sees you.
He created you, sweet child. He sees you.
You are beautiful, sweet child. He sees you.
There is a plan, sweet child. He sees you."
I can’t wait to meet you and hold you, darlings. :)
God bless all you readers! Have a wonderful, wonderful week.
These kids in this last picture still need families!!




No comments:
Post a Comment