Sunday, February 26, 2012

Beignets and Cafe au lait

This last Friday I had the privilege of going to the French Quarter of New Orleans with my friend Jen, who is TouchGlobal staff. What an interesting place!! Music everywhere, so many shops selling food I never knew existed.... like alligator meat on a stick?!? Yeah. They have that. That's a thing, apparently... Haha but SO much fun. Ate some gumbo (my first time eating it!), and it was SO good. Very different from food up north, but still yummy! Visited the famous outdoor Cafe Du Monde and ordered cafe au lait (yum!!) and BEIGNETS (YUMMIER!!!!!) and, WOW, are they good!! Powdered sugar EVERYWHERE, lemme tell ya.... it covers the floor all around each and every table! 

(Had to use a picture form the internet..... forgot my camera that day =/ )

It was such a fun day!! The river was beautiful, and got to see the famous riverboat, the Natchez, too. It played obnoxiously loud, carousel-esque music.... but it was pretty! The only thing I didn't like about the French Quarter, that I saw, were all the drunk people wandering around (I saw several!) at 3:00 in the afternoon!! Crazy. But, what an interesting, enjoyable and highly educational experience! ;)

Both teams are here now in New Orleans to serve with TouchGlobal for the week. What a privilege to be able to meet them tonight and pray with them as they prepare to serve! I could hear in their voices and words their desire to honor the Lord. This week will be a treat! Please continue to pray that fatigue and headaches will not defeat or discourage me this week, as I am having to get up around 5:30 each morning. ;) Please also pray that I am able to get out of my introverted comfort zone and really talk to and get to know the team members and am able to encourage them! I need the Lord to be able to do any of that. 

God bless you guys. :)



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That looks yummy! ;)
    Oh yes, I will def. be praying for you girl! I really hope your headaches will go away and that you will be strengthened everyday <3
    You are in my prayers <3 I miss you Bethany! <3
    <3 God bless and be with you <3

    ReplyDelete