Friday, January 6, 2012

HAITI!!!

The title of this post (in all caps, multiple exclamation points) portrays my elation about getting to Haiti, and as soon as possible. I cannot begin to describe my excitement and eagerness to go!!

Well, I figured I was way past due for a new post, so here's what's new y'all:

-My support is a smidgeon over 50%!! :) Thanks to all the generous donors, your support has been so moving and humbling.... what a blessing! Just know I cannot leave for this trip until 100% of my support has been raised. I need about $1,500 more yet. I trust the Lord to provide the funds in His perfect timing. :)
-My target departure date will be between February 9th or February 18th, not sure which yet. Sorry, I KNOW it keeps changing.... It's annoying for me too, okay??! ;)
-Will be taking a class during my preparation time that covers general topics such as ministry, cross-cultural ministry, missions, etc. I am THRILLED to start this class!! And the cost is completely covered for me since it is one of the benefits offered to staff!! Praise the Lord. :)
-Discovered more about what I will be spending my time doing in New Orleans training for two and a half weeks AND also in Haiti for two months: In New Orleans I will be briefed about the mission and purpose of the organization (EFCA ReachGlobal), involved in local outreach ministry and shadowing those in the ministry. :) That will be incredible; I greatly look forward to learning and gaining some experience in ministry within my own country! In Haiti: will mainly be facilitating short-term teams that come down each week and doing a lot of hospitality/planning stuff for them. Get to work wherever they do and will get to visit many schools and orphanages!! I love that I will need to be very versatile in the work I'll be doing- looking forward to and welcoming the fact that the Lord will be stretching me a lot with all these new experiences and roles I'll have to have!!


And that's the news, folks! Let me close with a passage of scripture that I am really clinging to right now:


Philippians 3:12-14

"...I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

(I really would encourage you to read all of Philippians chapters 3 and 4! Go on, do it. Right now. Go. Read. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment