Well ladies and gents, I have about $2,700 of the $3,500 I need for Haiti. If I do some simple math here, that means I still need $800 before I can make any solid travel plans, such as buy plane tickets and have a departure date (ReachGlobal requires that its employees have full support before they travel).
The reasoning behind leaving February 18th is that I can have the required two weeks of training in New Orleans and then fly down into Haiti with the director of Latin American missions for ReachGlobal, as he is going down around March 4th. I would be traveling with him for safety reasons; my parents aren't comfortable with me flying into a third world country alone, not knowing the language (psh, crazy right??! ;) .
So, in conclusion, it would be awesome for the funds to come in before February 18th so that these plans could work out, but I also trust the Lord and His timing. :) The funds will come if He wants me to go! Simple as that.
Peace out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment