Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Big, Big God

God is so amazing- Yet another proof that He is the God who hears, sees, knows and cares!!

I just wrote in my last post about how I wasn't sure where the rest of my money was going to come from, but I was going to trust the Lord completely for it.

Today I wrote an email expressing these same concerns to my candidate coach, Drew. I needed about $800 more dollars, and wasn't sure when or if it was going to come.... but I was trusting God for it if it was indeed His will for me to go to Haiti. The EFCA's policy for missionaries is that they have to have 100% support before they can make ANY solid travel plans. I knew that if that $800 didn't come in time, I would  not be able to fly down to Haiti with the director of Latin American missions; I would have to go down by myself.... which was kind of a deal-breaker for my parents (and rightfully so).

About ten minutes after I sent this email, I received a phone call from my sweet grandmother. She told me that she had been telling some dear friends of hers about my trip and fund-raising, and that I still needed about $800 before I could go. Those friends called her this morning and asked if they could make a donation to my trip. They said they had been setting some money aside, prayed about where God wanted them to use it and they felt He answered that the money should go to my trip to Haiti. My grandmother asked how much of my remaining costs they were wanting to pay for.
They said, "All of it."

Wow.

Needless to say, there were some tears of joy shed this morning. I am now REALLY going to Haiti. God said, "Yes." Not only that, but He reminded me that He hears my prayers, knows my concerns and that He loves me enough to "show off" by having someone cover the rest of my costs!! What an encounter with Him....

Thank you ALL for all of your prayers, support, time and love.... I hope that you all have had a wonderful Sunday praising our HUGE God who just keeps getting bigger and bigger every day. :)

Hallelujah!! Praise Him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment